Before you decide on which type of awning is right for you it’s important to understand the benefits of each. Both add beauty to your home and limit the impact of the summer heat on your cooling costs, but there are some noticeable differences in each type.
Stationary or Fixed Awnings
A fixed awning has a welded frame that is attached permanently to a wall or structure. These awnings don’t move and become a great permanent addition to your home or business
Advantages of a Stationary Awning:
- Some store owners want around the clock backlit business promotion as well as shade and curb appeal.
- Permanent installation is hassle-free.
- We can design and customize just about any shape you need or want.
- Because it is a welded permanent structure it’s best able to withstand harsh weather.
- You can cover a much larger area then you could with a retractable awning.
- Ideal for smaller areas like windows and doors.
A retractable awning attaches to your home just like a fixed awning, but it can be opened to provide as much or little cover as you’d like. Retractable awnings extend with motorized controls or manually with a hand crank.
Advantages of a Retractable Awning:
- Adaptable to Seasonal Changes. You can close the awning in the winter to benefit from solar heat and natural light
- They create an alluring and authentically historic look.
- Automation: you can even get a programmable remote with sensors that detect sun or wind and open or retract the awning accordingly.
- Longevity: A fixed awning can take a beating from extreme weather but a retractable awning doesn’t have to.
- Ideal for patios and decks.
Choosing between a fixed or retractable awning isn’t just a matter of preference. Your location, visual style, and weather conditions all play a factor that will help you determine which awning will give you the look and the longevity you would want.
Thankfully, New Haven Awning is here to help! Feel free to contact us with any and all of your awning questions. We can assist you in choosing the right fabric, color, and structure that will best fit your needs.
Need some help? Contact New Haven Awning today!