Awnings,canopies & enclosures aren’t just for businesses anymore. These days a lot of homeowners are watching their hard earned dollars and looking for ways to reduce their monthly expenses. What if you could see a pretty good reduction to your cooling costs, simply by adding an attractive awning to your home? If you think about it the notion is actually pretty simple and straight forward. By providing shading for your windows, you reduce the amount of direct sunlight passing through the glass of your home and in turn using less energy to keep your home cool.
In an article from the United States Department of Energy, the government stated that the addition of a basic window awning can drop the amount of solar heat gain during a summers day by up to an astonishing 65% on all the windows facing south on your home, and over 77% on any windows facing west.
The results from this study are obviously very exciting to any home or business owners that is considering adding a retractable or fixed awnings to their home or building. Below is video showing the results from PAMA’s study of 50 cities across the United States:
At New Haven Awning, we specialize in creating custom awnings for New England homeowners. Our awnings bring our clients a variety of benefits.
- Window and door awnings shading can reduce your consumption of energy by keeping your home cooler during the summer months.
- Window awnings can prolong the life of your furniture and flooring by protecting them from the suns damaging rays.
- Porch and patio covers will prevent premature deterioration of your exterior doorways, keep your porch or patio cooler during the summer, and save energy by decreasing absorption of heat by the walls of your home.
- Awnings increase the value of your home by enhancing curb appeal and adding some beautiful accents.
- A set of simple awnings, when correctly installed, will noticeably reduce your energy bills
From our shop in New Haven Connecticut, we provide custom shading solutions to customers across Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island. Let us help you discover the best design and the correct outdoor fabrics to use on your next awning project.